Monday, March 7, 2011

"Don't you understand even yet?" -- Jesus

So some of you might be wondering about the title--but you have to give me a few lines to make this all tie in together. :)

A few weeks ago I posted about my "faith wandering" through this adoption process. 

Isn't it just like God to make you have to come face to face with a reality check?

Two Sundays ago my pastor was preaching on these verses, Mark 8:14-21.  They deal with the disciples having lack of faith in Jesus after he has just performed some mighty miracles--feeding 5,000, feeding 4,000, healing deaf, mute, and sick, etc.  Then Jesus asks his disciples, "Why are you so worried about having no food?  Won't you ever learn or understand?  Are your hearts too hard to take it in?  You have eyes---can't you see?  You have ears---can't you hear?  Don't you remember anything at all? . . .  Jesus goes on to question them about the specific feeding of 5,000 and 4,000.  Then he asks, "Don't you understand even yet?"

I'm so thankful that God wanted to remind me--Hey Julie--my daughter--I've Got This!  You don't have to wander anymore.  If I want Hannah in your house--nothing will stop it!  If I choose to not allow her to become your daughter--Nothing you do can make it happen.  I've Got This!  Now in the mean time--get your behind busy doing the things I tell you to do while you walk down this road!

So yes--I think I've been reminded of my place--not Miss in control, but Miss following His way.

Anybody else need to be reminded today?--God has ________!  You fill in the blank--It's His!
Now get your behind busy doing what He wants you to do! :)

1 comment:

jasnjoj said...

AMEN! Yes, I always have at least one of those situations going on: God has _____! Good reminder, Julie!