Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A History Lesson

This is a conversation I had with my daughter Leighanne as we were driving home from Chinese School.

Leighanne: Mom, tell me about the Jima Bean War.

Me: Leighanne the what?  I've never heard of the Jima Bean War.  Tell me what you know about it.

Leighanne: It's a war after the War of 1812.

Me: (Racking my brain) Umm Honey, I cannot think of anything to do with a Jima Bean War.

Leighanne: You spell it LOWA JIMA.

Me :(Trying not to burst out laughing) I think you mean the Battle of Iwo Jima in World War 2.

Leighanne: Yeah--that's the right word.  And we both died laughing.


To her credit--her teacher told them about several Wars and events that they would study about in the 5th Grade--She just got them a LITTLE CONFUSED. 

I was thankful that my brain remembered that I had really never heard of such.

All in all it was a great laugh on the way home.

No comments: