Wednesday, May 30, 2012

20 Reasons Why I'd Marry You Again!


Twenty years ago at a little before 3 in the afternoon, I was standing in the back of a little country church getting ready to walk down the aisle and say "I DO".  Right before the first bridesmaid took her first step, my Dad said to me, "It's not too late to turn back."  After catching my breath, I made the second best decision I've ever made in my life.  I walked down the aisle to Pachelbel's Cannon in D and married Ben.




Today, we celebrate our 20th Anniversary!!!  I can hardly believe that so much time has come and gone.  We certainly have had sunny and rainy days, and if I'm being truthful, a few thunderstorms.


AND So to Celebrate our Accomplishment--Here are 20 Reasons Why I'd Marry Ben Again!


1)  Our common belief and relationships with Jesus Christ.  This has been the one anchor that has held us steady through many ups and downs in our marriage.




2) He loves Me--Just knowing that he truely loves me (good and bad) makes me love him right back.


3) Austin, 4) Jordan, 5) Zach, 6) Leighanne, 7) Hannah, and 8) Sara  --- I know that apprears to be cheating, but each individual pregnancy and adoption has it's own story and issues we had to overcome.  Through it all--he was the rock in our family.






9)  He is a Fantastic Daddy!  He loves our kiddos and he has been a hands-on Dad.  He changed diapers, helped with sick children, attended programs, and watched many games and practices. He's been there!  Love THAT TOO!


10)  His Cuteness! Isn't he just like a sweet teddy bear?



11) His Adventurous Nature!  We have traveled  to many places together and I love that he is not afraid to go to the unknown.


12) His Flexibility!  He has put up with many changes in our lives.  We've moved 11 times over the years, some by choice, others not by choice.  I've changed my mind --too many times to count and he still bears with me.


13)  His Love for Orphans!  I didn't know that my husband was so compassionate when we first got married.  (I don't think he knew that about himself either.)  But over the years I have seen this 6ft. 5 inch big man hold children without mamas and daddies as if they belonged to him.  He has traveled many miles to bring the basics of life and the good news of eternal life to orphans.  I LOVE THAT ABOUT HIM!


14) He is a Hard Worker!  I love the fact that I know my husband is giving it all at his job.  I love that he really cares about the company he works for.  I love that he cares about the people he works with.  He tries to do his best and he provides well for our family.  Thanks honey!


15)  His Intelligence!  Ok--I knew he was smart when I married him, but there have been a few moments when I have been blown away by how his brain works.


16)  His Giving Nature!  I won't go into any details, but I will say that this man knows how to be generous to others!


17)  His Laid Back Attitude!  It's a good thing too!  He is married to a quick tempered chickadee(aka--ME!)  There have been many times over the years that I have blown my top, and he would step in with a level head.  (Except for that one time in the Hong Kong Airport in 2002--but hey--what happenend in HK stays in HK.)


18) His Integrity!  He is a man with strong values and principles.  He stands by them. 


19)  His Kindness!  He knows how to do good things for others. (Especially socks for my cold feet.)  But seriously, he doesn't mind doing good things for other people. 


20) To celebrate our 20th, He is taking us on a cruise




 and he gave me this . . .



 


What's not to love about that?? 


Yes--I'd marry you again!


I Love You!!


Here's to 20 More!!!


Julie

1 comment:

jasnjoj said...

Ahhhh, you gave me goose-bumps reading all those sweet things about Ben, Julie! I walked down the aisle to Pachelbel Canon in D also...LOVE that song! Happy Anniversary!