Thursday, June 2, 2011

Please Pray Today!

I am asking for Prayer Today! 

When I was having my quiet time this morning--in Psalm 66--I got to these last few verses and read them over and over. 

      "Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me.  For I cried out to him for help, praising him as I spoke.  If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, my Lord would not have listened.  But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer.  Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer and did not withdraw his unfailing love from me."

Maybe you--like me--need to spend a few minutes before God asking Him to reveal any sin in your life.  And then get the full blessing of peace when you know you are forgiven.  The other key words that got my attention was "praising him as I spoke" .  God wants us to have a spirit of thankfullness and praise as we are making our requests known to him. 

My heart is burdened for many things and so--I am asking that as God leads you to--you will join me in prayer.

* For a family who had to make the incredibly hard decision to not bring a child into their family, after planning to do so for 3 years.  They need comfort and peace.  And for this sweet boy who needs a different family--please pray that his new family will realize that their son is waiting for them in Africa.

* For our church team that is going to Honduras tomorrow.  That God will work through them to reach the Honduran people.  As they minister in His name that God's love will flow through this team.  That all that they say and do will bring Glory to God.

* For our friends Robbie and Josie Tatum and their trip to Africa this week to work with orphans. That God will work amazingly through this team.  That God will use this team in Great and Mighty ways.

* For my friend Tonya who is going to Brazil later this month.  This will be her first mission trip.  Pray for her finances and for God to show her the specific tasks he has set before her to complete.  Pray that she will show others Jesus through her life.

*For all the tornado devastation across our nation.  For the people suffering as a result of the storms.  That God would send christian  people to minister to the hurting.

* For God to be at work in Hannah and Sara's lives that they will be ready for our family to be their family.

* For our paperwork--for God's perfect timing.  For us to accept God's timing and not our desires.

* For the finances for Hannah and Sara's adoption. 

* For orphan ministries all over the world that are struggling to meet the needs.

* For our House of Hope: for the house parents, for all of the kids who are hearing about the love of God and for the newest kids who will be moving in this month.

Please pray!  Pray that God's will be accomplished in all these requests. 

If you have a prayer request that you would like for me to pray for--I would love to pray with you.  Send me an e-mail to julie@ageeweb.com

1 comment:

lizzielou said...

Praying for you and your family....praying for your beautiful waiting girls....God Bless you for taking these wonders....older children waiting for families have been so much on my heart lately, I am just thrilled that Sara will be getting a mommy and daddy too along with Hannah! Praying for you, your story is amazing! God will move all the mountains in the way to bring His children home to you!