Monday, December 5, 2011

Do You Want to Be the Hands and Feet of Jesus Today?

YOU CAN BE THE HANDS AND FEET TODAY!!!

Let me tell you how!

When we were in the process of adopting Hannah and Sara--I began reading blogs of other families in the process of adopting.  One day I read the blog of  Michael and Brooke.  They are adopting a little girl from Taiwan.  One day Brooke posted that God had laid it on their heart to do one more fundraiser and then they were to wait on God to supply the rest of their needs.

For those of you who followed our journey, you know this touched my heart because I was walking in those very shoes when she wrote her blog.  God led us to "be Quiet and wait on Him to bring in the money for our girls adoptions." 

AND WAS HE EVER FAITHFUL--ALL THE MONEY CAME IN--JUST IN TIME!!

SO  . . .

When I read Michael and Brooke's story--I just felt a connection to their journey.

Today I was reading about Nehemiah and his journey to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.  Our associate pastor, Zane, preached on Nehemiah two Sundays ago.  The message from that sermon has continued to run through my brain.  Here are some of the standout points . . .

1) God trust great tasks with those who He can trust with His Glory.  Nehemiah gave God the Glory for the rebuilding of the walls. 

2) God desires to put Great things on our hearts.  But God does not reveal His heart to those who casually come and go.  Nehemiah spent 3 to 4 months fasting and praying before he made any step to rebuild the walls.  He was fully in tune with God's will.

3) When God calls you to a purpose, He provides the resources.  King Artaxerxes sent Nehemiah to rebuild the walls and he sent him with supplies.

Today I was reading Nehemiah Chapter 4.  Verse 14 says, "Then as I looked over the situation, I called together the leaders and the people and said to them, "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, and fight for your friends, your families, and your homes."

I thought about Michael and Brooke--we can help fight for their daughter Adelyn by helping with their last fundraiser.  There are only 5 days left before the fundraiser is over.  This is very easy.  Go to their blog:

http://theannessafamily.blogspot.com/

Then Donate Money towards their Fundraiser.

 It's that  Easy--and you will have just been the HANDS AND FEET of JESUS TODAY.

While you are there--read their story and leave them a word of encouragement on their comment section.

You Can Do It! 

Be the Hands

Be the Feet

Of Jesus!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Great reminder for me as we wait on the finances for the travel and in country fees.

The Annessa Family said...

Tears. Thank you.

Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com