Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Break in My Crazy life!

I found a few quiet minutes today.

I've been meaning to blog--but you have to be at home in front of a computer, or have a notebook (hint hint) to blog when you are sitting in doctor's offices, or waiting in countless other places.  But enough, of that!

I'm excited--I have something to share!

I've been given the opportunity to preview a workbook that's about to be released.  I get the chance to read the first chapter and write a review.  I almost passed on this opportunity--I thought I'm too busy to blog write now, how can I even begin to commit to that?  But that small little voice inside of me said, "Take the time--this is something you need."

And you know what--I just finished Day 1 and this book is exactly what I need.  In fact, our Bible study at church last night mirrored the same thoughts behind today's study.

Being Content in God.  Letting God be enough for you even when things are not easy, you're in a trial, or even when your life is just LIFE.

The verses that the author used to begin the study come from Habakkuk 3: 17-18.  Read this-- "Though the fig tree does not bud  and there is no fruit on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no feed though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will triumph in Yahweh; I will rejoice in the God of my salvation!"

Though everything around Habakkuk was failing, he was choosing to be content in God and His provisions.  And basically, that's what we have to do everyday--we have to choose to be content in God and with how He provides within our circumstances. 

I love how the author humbly asked God questions when her life was falling apart.  "God, Do you Care?  This is the first question in the Bible study.  How many times have we asked that ourselves?  "God do you know that _______________ is going on in my life?  God do you Care?" 

There is a struggle within because we find ourselves taking on a victim mentality--this is not fair, I don't want this, why did that have to happen to me?  I know this from experience--I've said these very words.  But if we stay in this place, then we lose the joy of finding contentment in God.  How do we know that God cares about us and our situations?  Think on this-- Isaiah 49:15 " Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne?  But even if that were possible, I would not forget you!" 

The God of this universe--THE CREATOR will NEVER forget us!

Even when we can't see his work in our lives--It's there!  Even when we doubt that God is concerned--He IS!  He cares about us and everything that is going on in our life.

Today I challenge you to find contentment in God.  He is enough!

Julie

P.S. Yes, I know I didn't name the book--but I will.  Come back and find out!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I'll be back for sure!
What a Godly teaching!
I tend to struggle with contentment, especially since we live so far away from family.
But GOD!

((HUGS))