Thursday, July 14, 2011

Quietness and Confidence

I have been mulling this post over in my head for over a week. 

I am making sure that it is the right thing to share.

These are two words that God has been speaking to me through his Word.

Be Quiet and Be Confident.

So how come I am sharing?

I am NOT going to share what I am to be quiet about.

This adoption of our girls is growing me by leaps and bounds.

God is taking Ben and me to a place in our faith journey that is very uncomfortable for us both.

He has led us to be Quiet.  Not about the adoption of course, but about the specific needs that go along with  this adoption. 

He has specifically led us to do nothing but pray, and ask others to join us in prayer.

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THIS IS ? ? ?

We do not like to sit back--we like to jump in and tackle problems head-on.

But this time--Be Quiet.

I'll confess--I have slipped up a few times.  It's so hard.  I'm used to sharing with my ladies group and others and I have told the needs, only to realize that --oops!  I wasn't supposed to do that.

But God, He's so gracious. 

He knows I'm taking baby steps in this quiet journey.

When we first began the journey, it took us a little while to realize that we were supposed to be quiet about the needs, but he showed us clearly that that was the path for this adoption.

Isaiah 30:15 says, "The Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel says, "Only in returning to me and waiting for me will you be saved.  In quiet and confidence is your strength."

This chapter of Isaiah is talking about the destruction of Israel because they trusted in Eqypt instead of God.  Ben and I have been applying these verses to our adoption of Hannah and Sara, and are realizing that we must be faithful to His leadership.  God is our answer to all of these adoption questions.  In God's timing, With His resources, In His Way--See the result--God get's the glory!

The verse also has the word confidence in it.

My strength is in being quiet and having confidence in God.

I am to trust only in Him.  Not in my strength or abilities at all.

Do you know that I am struggling as I am writing this? 

I am constantly having to move myself out of the way.

The Good News in this Chapter is what God promises Israel if they would return to trusting in Him.  Verse 18 says, "But the Lord still waits for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion.  For the Lord is a faithful God.  Blessed are those who wait for him to help them."

This is what I have my confidence in--the Faithfulness of the Lord.

He has been faithful in so many events in my life, and He has continued throughout this adoption.

I really believe that when these adoptions are completed, that this will be an "ONLY GOD" STORY.

Until then we will be taking our steps in quietness and confidence.

Will you join me in praying for our girls and this adoption?

What you should pray is between you and God.

No comments: