Friday, October 21, 2011

Last Day in Changsha

Thankfully the illnesses from yesterday morning were short-lived.  Neither Julie nor Hannah had any further bouts of their respective problems.

Today was our last full day in Changsha.  Early tomorrow morning we will get on an airplane for a 1 hour and 20 minute flight to Fuzhou where we will have a relaxing afternoon and evening and then get Sara the next morning.  We had a much-needed do-nothing type of day today.  No tours were planned and nothing planned outside of the hotel and we were ready for a relaxing day.  We were also ready for a taste of back home so we ordered in lunch from the Pizza Hut.  Tonight we are packing and getting ready for an early AM departure.

We were able to Skype with Nana and Papa for the first time as well as Granny and Grandaddy (Bum Bum and Granny Bum) and Uncle Kennon and Aunt Lisa.  Unfortunately when we Skyped with both we were experiencing normal children testing their parents types of issues in that Hannah was wanting us to do something right then and we had already told her that we would have to wait until after we talked and she didn't want to wait so both sets of grandparents got to see a Hannah sitting in the corner pouting.  It is good to know that everything is normal (lol).  I just hate that neither set of grandparents got to see the "normal" bubbly Hannah.  I am sure too that some of this was the fact that although she is excited to be leaving tomorrow she is also probably grieving the fact that she is leaving the only area of the world she has ever known.

I do have to mention something about the food because we have many people from the internet that are behind us in adoption that is following our blog.....  Tonight we fed our family of 5 for 82 Yuan (that is about $13 USD) by buying an instant noodle from the nearby Whacko market, a huge bowl of fried rice with soy sauce and 2 orders of pork pies from the Jono Western restaurant that is nextdoor to the Dolton.  We had our guide write out what we wanted and that we wanted it as take out and then I just walked in and handed it to the waitress and waited for the food to be brought to me.

As a "heads up".... we plan to blog tomorrow, but it probably won't be any more exciting that the past couple of days, but the next day (our Sunday, your Saturday night) we should be blogging with pictures, etc. from Sara's Gotcha Day so watch for it and if you don't see it then check back because it may be later in the evening when we get to blog.

1 comment:

Lisa Agee said...

Hannah was precious! I can't wait to give her a hug.