Thursday, October 15, 2015

Made for More Part 2

We were made for MORE!

Wait. STOP.  Let me CLARIFY!

I do not mean more stuff--not at all.  I don't mean the--I'm woman hear me roar kind of more either. Nor the I can be more, do more, have more, go more, think more, learn more--I think you get my point.  We don't need MORE!

We were MADE for MORE!

We were made to love God with our whole heart, body, soul and mind.  These were the verses in my Bible study today. Ephesians 3:14-19 "For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith--that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have the strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."

If we could truly comprehend the love that God has for us, then we would be able to extend that love to others.  We would live a life that was overflowing of kindness, compassion, thankfulness, and joy. (Not the fake stuff that seeks a reward, but the kind that is real and genuine that wants nothing in return.) 

Now let me be the first to say that I fall far from the standard.  I am still a very big work in progress, but I do want to be that person.  I want my life to overflow with those good things.

On my last blog, I left you where God had left me--hanging out and waiting.  I don't have any monumental announcements, but I can say that our family has our next "step" before us.

We are in the process of decluttering, cleaning, and getting rid of "stuff".  We are currently painting our home and getting it all spruced up to sell.  We are positive we are supposed to simplify.  Live with less.

Here are some of the changes we are making.

1) We are going from 2 refrigerators to 1.  This is a slow process, because we have meat stored in both freezers.  But it is a change we are making.  We are no longer allowing any leftovers to be put in the second refrigerator. Our first fridge is filled, but it is making us aware of the good food that is still available to be eaten before we create more.  We also have quit throwing away so many unused and rotten veggies that we forgot about in our 2nd fridge.  Small changes--but better use of our money.

2) Our closets.  Can I just say that we are clothes hogs at our house.  And this mama is the biggest one.  We decided to go through our clothes and get rid of things that didn't fit, or we just didn't wear anymore.  After this process, we have all been able to get all of our winter and summer clothes in our closets at the same time.  No more tubs in the garage with winter/summer clothes waiting for the next season.  Yay!

3) Extra stuff.  We are going closet by closet, drawer by drawer and decluttering.  If we aren't using it, or have more than we need, out it goes.

If I'm truthful here--we still have more than we need.  But slowly, we are getting through this process. We will be better for it.  We will be more prepared for the next step in this great adventure that God is calling us to.

Waiting patiently,
Trying to wait patiently,
Waiting . . .

Julie




No comments: