Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Future plans and Surgery Date: Update 8/29/17

We met with our gynecology surgeon today.  He walked into our room, introduced himself, and said, "Thank you for the work you do for our Lord in Honduras.  I'm sorry we are having to meet for these reasons."  What a great first impression he made with us.

He then started asking a LOT of questions, and then after an exam he started giving us the details of the surgery.  So I'm going to try to explain what was explained to me:

My surgery is scheduled for Monday, September 25th.  I will remain in the hospital anywhere from 2 to 6 days depending on what all they have to do once they get inside.

He did tell me that it was his job to remove all of the cancer.  He said he would be very thorough and the surgery would be anywhere between 2 - 6 hours or longer if needed.  He will be doing a complete hysterectomy, removal of some lymphnodes, removal of all the tumors, he would then check my entire small intestines for tumors, my colon for tumors, and anywhere the tumors were close to would be checked for tumors and possible removal of any areas affeced.  I will have an incision from my pelvis to my abdomen.  So we are looking at a pretty big surgery.  But--praise the Lord these doctors are skilled in these areas.  He said he would have whatever doctor that might be necessary to assist available to be ready to assist if necessary.  He kept reinforcing that total removal is the goal.  

I feel good about the surgery, and I'm looking forward to the cancer being gone from my body.  But I know this will be a big recovery.  As I said this morning--this is no surprise to God!  He knew all of this was coming.

After the surgery, the plan is to give my body 2 weeks to recover and then have 9 more treatments of chemo.  After that we will see what happens.

One of my favorite Bible verses was the Verse of the Day today. In Deuteronomy 31:8 it says, "The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you.  He will not fail you or forsake you.  Do not fear or be dismayed."

How you can pray specifically:

1) I have 2 more chemo treatments before surgery.  This week and September 8th.  Please pray for my body to have the numbers to be able to have chemo because then the surgery will have to be delayed.  

2) Please pray for my body to be ready for surgery.  I will have 2 weeks of no chemo after the 8th to prepare for surgery.  My numbers will have to be strong for that also.  Pray that my body will fight.

3) Pray for the doctor(s) to be able to find and remove all the cancer from my body.  We are believing in a cure!

3 comments:

Kari Dent said...

God can heal any way He chooses - supernaturally or through the miracle of modern medicine. NOTHING is impossible for Him! I know the feeling of wanting to get the cancer out of your body. Just Get. It. Out. It makes such a difference to know that it is gone. I am praying for TOTAL removal, TOTAL healing, TOTAL peace. God is so good and kind and faithful. Blessings, sister.

Anonymous said...

What a great attitude!! I have to tell you that was my reading today Deuteronomy 31:8. Thank for sharing and allowing us to be a part of your adventure with God leading us all. Love and Prayers, Rose

Kathy Poe said...

Praying for you in Virginia. I love the attitude of your surgeon; God truly provides!