Wednesday, October 25, 2017

PRAISE GOD!

[Hab 3:17-18 ESV] 17 Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.

This verse was our devotion from yesterday.  I read it before they took Julie down for the procedure yesterday, but in the activity that was going on never was able to read it to Julie.

Before I share an update with you I want to say that God is worthy of Praise because of who he is and not because of what he does for us.  Habakkuk witnessed the collapse of most of what mattered to him, but he said, "yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation."  So we praise God for who he is.

AND

Today we also praise God for what he has done.  Several people have shared that they were praying and others fasting and praying.  I saw where God had several in our church up all night the night before praying for Julie as well as another member of our church who was in ICU in another hospital.  Julie's blood clot is dissolved and gone and blood flow has been restored to her colon with no indications that the colon was damaged and with none of the very serious risks that she faced with the aggressive treatment.  There is no explanation for this other than God heard the many prayers of his saints and performed several miracles.  He also heard the prayers of his saints and performed a miracle in Bo (the other church member) in that he is now responsive.

So please join us in giving God praise and glory not just for who he is but for what he has done!

In His Name and To His Glory!

Ben

4 comments:

Margaret Agee said...

He is definitely to be praised.

Anonymous said...

PTL!!

LadyBarron said...

Amén! He is worthy of praise!

Linda Dill said...

Our God is a GREAT God!!!!