Saturday, July 14, 2018

Good News Report (7/13/2018)


Good news report!
This was taken yesterday outside of Mayo. My sisters Karen and Sheryl joined me for a long day of tests and appointments. I began the day with an ECG (heart), then bloodwork, next an urinalysis, then an 90 minute MRI, then a CT scan, next we snuck out for lunch, and finally we saw the doctor. 
Here's the news: They did not find any evidence of tumors, and my CA125 marker was 9. I have been given the thumbs up for surgery to reverse my colostomy on July 19th. 

Challenges/Prayer Requests: 
  1. He may open me up and discover that my body is not able to be reversed. 
  2. Due to the amount of blood loss at the last surgery, he is expecting to find scar tissue. This may cause my surgery to be up to 8 hours long. 
  3. He will be looking for cancer while he is inside. 
  4. Pray for my body to able to heal and recover afterwards. We are looking at 3-10 days in the hospital and up to 6 weeks recovery.
Y'all, I am so ready! Pray for my caretakers!

No comments: