Wednesday, August 29, 2018

God Worked in a Really Cool Way!


First Alma

So last week I got a text from a friend who asked me if I was ready to give my testimony of how God has been at work in our lives with this journey we are on.  I said I would love to speak.  You see--I told God when I went into remission that I would share about how faithful he has been to us.  What I didn't realize is that it would be 6 weeks after my colostomy reversal.  But God was so faithful--no tummy troubles.  A big thanks to those who prayed about this with me!

So last night I had the sincere pleasure to speak to the ladies at First Baptist Church in Alma, Georgia.  We laughed and got teary eyed, but more than anything we got to talk about how we can trust the Lord no matter what we are going through. 

And do you want to know another sweet blessing?  I felt like the Lord used this time to help me process this whole journey.  I know that I feel stronger about the fact that God is not finished with me yet.  I'm trusting in him to keep me alive so I can serve him however he wants me to. 

It was such a enjoyable evening--the FBC Ladies prepared a fabulous dinner, and they were such sweet sisters in Christ--y'all blessed me tremendously.

I got to meet some new friends, some that I had only met via Facebook, visit with my WooHoo sisters, and even had a friend from our new church at Altamaha Baptist join us.

Sweet card and gift from First Alma

Gift from my WooHoo Sisters

What a wonderful night of fellowship with First Alma!  Thanks for having me over!

In Him, 

Julie 



1 comment:

Tracy said...

Julie, we were so blessed to have you come to our church and give your testimony. It was a precious time and you reflect the goodness of Jesus. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

In Him,
FBC Alma Ladies!