Monday, September 19, 2011

REALITY

RE*AL*I*TY is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined.

Sometimes REALITY stinks!!!

Last weekend I cried a Big Girl Cry when I had to face Reality.

This weekend I got ANGRY with REALITY!

Today--I'm Processing REALITY.

My Best Girl Friend in St. Marys is moving in about 4 weeks.  That's difficult for me, but it gets trickier because her daughters are Leighanne's Best Friends!  And our husbands are great buds(or whatever macho words they have for those terms)

AND Ed (Kim's husband) is the Senior Pastor at our church.  (Double Whammy!)

So today I am processing that when we leave for China, our friends will leave for their new home.  I am happy for them, and I believe that they are following God's Call.  I know they have prayed over this descision for a while, this has not been a quick descision.  I know that we have prayed with them, and I know their hearts---they want to Chase Jesus! 

Selfishly, I'm sad.   I'm grieving the dreams of our girls, Hannah & Leighanne and Kaitlin & Ashley playing together at our homes and church. 

Even though we had prepared Leighanne for this news, It didn't hit her until during church on Sunday when she realized that Pastor Ed would no longer be her preacher.  Little tears were running down her face and she asked, "Mama,who's going to preach?"

During my Bible Study time, I felt a sweet peace that only God can give.  I know that we will spend time with this sweet family in the years to come.  I know that God's plans are better than ours.  I know that He has great and mighty plans for the Davis family.  I know that God's ways are not my ways.  I know that He will sustain us when we miss our friends. 

THAT IS REALITY!

1 comment:

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

I pray you continue to have peace my sister! When our associate pastor moved on with Jesus, Josie-Tatum's best friend went with him, too.....