Monday, January 14, 2019

White as Snow ...


It’s time for an update on our kitchen booth. We have been busy this week.  I say “we” because my hubby joined me in the fun.  Not the painting part, but the building part.  Just you wait!

I ended up having to prime this piece 2 times, yes, the lovely green and raspberry just kept shining through.  Then I painted 2 coats of this white paint called "snow cap".  Love the color--its has just a hint of cream to it.




Finally, I polyurethaned the booth and the table.

Then my hubby stepped in and did his part.  We knew we wanted a bigger table top because 48” x 30” was not going to be big enough for the crowds we have.  Ben got to work doing math and calculations.  Then he began the building process.







After cutting, gluing, filling in with wood filler, a lot of sanding, here is the new table top, waiting to be stained.




I Can NOT wait to get to that today.

And next week, hopefully, we will have the table in place.  I’m also working on the cushions, window valances, and reupholstering these beautiful antique chairs.  They were built in the 1920’s.  I am in love.  Nope-no sneak peaks!  😳🙄😍

Do you know what song popped in my head while I was painting away?

No guesses?

This old hymn called, “Nothing But the Blood”.

1) What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

chorus:
O precious is the flow
that makes me white as snow
no other fount I know;
nothing but the blood of Jesus.

The more I painted the white over the colors, the more the song just kept playing through my brain.   "O precious is the flow that makes me white as snow".  

Have you ever thought about how blood could be so very precious?  When I had the cancer debulking surgery in September 2017, I found out just how precious blood was.  I had to have 8 bags of blood during that 9 1/2 hour surgery.  In fact, the reason the doctor had to give me a colostomy was because my body was "weeping" blood.  It just couldn't handle any more surgery.  So yes, I fully understand how precious blood can be.  Blood saves lives.

This song however, is referring to the blood that Jesus spilt for us when he died on the cross over 2,000 years ago.   He sacrificially went to the cross to make a blood atonement for all the sins of the world.  Just like in the Old Testament times when the Jewish Priest would make atonement for the sins of the people with an animal sacrifice, Jesus made that sacrifice for each of us.

What can make us whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

The precious blood of Jesus is the reason I have faith to believe that I can trust Jesus with my life.  The precious blood is why I try to be obedient to God's call on my life.  It's why we moved our family to Honduras. He was willing to be the sacrifice for my sins.  The least I can do is to obey Him with my life.

As you reflect on how his precious blood affects your life.  Go to the link below and enjoy this beautiful hymn.

Nothing But the Blood by Hillsong

In Him who is Able,

Julie



No comments: